Skip to main content

Reply to "Help , suggestions ,or bust"

Surfdog,
Not much detail to go on but he's marginal as a D1 prospect as a pitcher unless he's got excellent control and/or movement and/or good secondary pitches. I have no idea how he stacks up as a position player. Notice I didn't say he's not a D1 prospect. He will probably get more attention come the late signing period in the April timeframe. He needs to keep on working to improve, play well this season, get his schedule out to the schools he's interested in while letting them know he's interested, and look for additional opportunities to showcase himself including possibly the West Coast Uncommitted showcase in June if he hasn't signed by then. (Michigan landed a pitcher throwing up to 86 at that showcase last June. I was sitting with the coach while the kid was pitching and was impressed with the movement he had on the ball so it wasn't just the velocity.) He also needs to consider backup options such as a JC if he is firm in his desire to go D1 and D2 or D3 schools if he's just interested in keeping on playing baseball. If he doesn't sign or commit in April then a good summer program, i.e. Connie Mack and college camps are still an option to get him exposure. As TR often says, colleges sign players as late as July or August.
Last edited by CADad