Skip to main content

Help getting son drafted this year...

Hope this information helps others as well.. a little about my son.. he is a 21 year old Junior this year playing at Lamar University in Texas. He is a RHP 6'6" 214 lbs. He has a low to mid 90's FB sits usually 90-93 but cant touch 95-96. Really good changeup, very good Slurve  ball.. He played High School ball in Magnolia Texas, was a starting pitcher, finished the season 7-3 record .70 ERA 67K in 47 innings.. also broke school record with 18K in 7 inning game. He then went to Navarro Junior College for 2 seasons.. Starting Pitcher again, had a 15-4 record 143K 138 innings pitched.. also went to JUCO world series 2019 and pitched a complete game against Cowley Junior College and earned the win. Now at Lamar University, he has been told he is one of the 3 starters there.. Now last year Austin had 9 pro teams talking to him all the way to the 3rd day of the draft and he was Not selected.. one of the scouts told him the reason for not being selected was his inconsistency with his FB.. he sat 90-93 most of the season then during the JUCO world series game he only topped out at 90. Now this year he is busting his butt and really working hard.. he has been clocked at 96 peak so far but typically sits 90-93 most of the time. 

So.. my question for the scouts is.... what does he need to do to get more exposure? The Navarro coach didn't really promote any of his players.. now at Lamar University his pitching coach is telling him not to worry, it will happen this year.. We as parents are trying to help get him promoted and are putting videos of him on YouTube and other social media sites.. Every coach that sees him pitch says he's got it... but yet.. he still has not been selected.. fingers crossed and prayers every day that this is his year!!!!

I've attached a small 23 sec clip from him pitching a week ago.. 

Attachments

Videos (1)
Austin Faith RHP lamar University
Original Post