Skip to main content

Reply to "Help getting son drafted this year..."

SomeBaseballDad posted:

I can't tell you how the scouts are looking at your son, or if he will get drafted. That said I've sat through 4 years of my son playing fall ball and hitting over the winter for a scout that has now worked his way to Director of Scouting for an MLB team. It was eye-opening and I'll give you this advice. They (he) sees the game in a very different way than anybody I had ran into before, and a lot of people who think they know how the game should be played, don't know. So be careful who you seek advice from.

I will say this. Reading your post it seems you are having a lot of interaction with these scouts. At the level it sounds like your son would be drafted at the MiLB is a grind. It can be a merisable dog eat dog life. Choose your words and what you share carefully least you leave the impression your son would never make it.

I see what your saying... thanks for the advice.. I think I'll just start standing back and watching.. less interacting.. but I never approach a scout.. they would always approach me once they find out I'm his father.. but I follow what your saying.. less chatting and more watching!!!