Skip to main content

Reply to "Help getting son drafted this year..."

Austin Faith posted:

Wow. I was actually shocked to read this last post. Almost don’t really know what to say to be honest. Just really shocked. And that you would be on a baseball website for kids trying to pursue their dreams of playing at the next level and that’s the best comment you have. Just imagine if everyone you Know that had busted their butts to get to where they are in life had the same mentality as you do!!!!! Just give up you’ll never make it and just go get a real job!!! Seriously!!!!! You really shouldn’t be responding to anyone on this site without letting someone proof read what your saying first. Just pathetic choice of words. My son just like every player on this website is pushing for a “dream” of getting to play at the next level. Doesn’t matter what level that is. Either JUCO, D1,2 or 3 or possibly getting drafted one day. Or even just getting the attention of college scouts or pro scouts. Doesn’t matter. It’s their dream. They all have it. I get it that some will never get there. And that’s just life. But who would EVER say just give up you aren’t good enough. Seriously!!! I’m sorry for venting. But damn bro. That got under my skin!!!! 

You shouldn't take offense.  It's a reality that throwing low-mid 90s puts him in a very large pack of which very few break through.  The odds aren't with getting to the MLB from where he is.  If he wants to pursue a dream that's great, but understand the cost of doing so.  I know lots of kids that dream of being writers and study english in college, and that usually doesn't end well either.