Skip to main content

Reply to "Help me find thread about signing money"

quote:
In 2006 the Cardinals first 11 picks attended college: Adam Ottavino, Chris Perez, Brad Furnish,John Jay, Mark Hamilton, Gary Daley, Eddie Degerman, Shane Robinson, Tyler Norrick, Luke Gorsett, and Allen Craig (my personal favorite due to his work ethic). However, according to Baseball America, 5 out of the top 10 cardinals prospects were drafted out of high school. Out of the five, three of the players Colby Rasmus, Bryan Anderson and Jaime Garcia are in the top 5, with Rasmus at #1.

Jaime Garcia was not a pick out of HS. He was picked out of the Mexican Baseball league by the same scout that picked him the year before in 2005 when he was with the Orioles out of a HS in south south Texas. He did not sign and he did not graduate from HS in south Texas. I will not reveal what he signed for. He was a 22nd round pick.

You newagent would never get a room or a plane ticket from a club for a player in the states that was drafted out of HS or college. That foreign player and his experience lend to a totatl different set of rules.