Skip to main content

Reply to "Help me keep perspective"

Over rated from my experience. Not that kids shouldn't do it if they are good at it and can develop it. I have had kids that wanted to be switch hitters. But like I told one guy, show me you can hit from the right side first and then I will let you show me you can hit from the left side.

As far as this post we simply have a person that doesn't understand the game. The next level and beyond? Look your son is in the line up. Be happy he is in the line up. He throws 77. Be thrilled he has even got a shot to pitch so far. Sit back and enjoy watching him play. Because if he played for me and missed a game to go to a showcase he wouldn't be playing anymore.

You will not enjoy your sons hs career if you don't let this stuff go and simply enjoy watching him play. And enjoy watching his team mates play. Forget about the coach he shouldn't be your focus. Watch the young men doing what they love to do and enjoy the experience. It will over before you know it and you will be wishing you had took this advice.