Skip to main content

Reply to "Help with coaching dilemma please..."

quote:
Originally posted by CADad:
It is pretty rare for a gun to be off 3 mph and pretty common for someone to believe a gun was off 3 mph. It can happen but it is pretty rare. If one gun is reading slower than other guns at a given location then you might be fairly certain it is reading low. Of course you'd use the other readings in that case.

I get a kick out of the doubt that I thought the the gun was off, it was, but I didn't have to really explain what gun, or where did I? Do you and Mr. TR think I made it up?

The reason for the comment, was because the pitcher I was watching can hit way above 90 (as some of the other pitchers too), and it was reading low, my player (who I was sitting with) made an inquiry to someone with a gun (who was sitting somewhere else) as to why his velocity might be so low. There was also the explanation that it has been very cold here in FL and the pitcher has yet to push his top velocity besides being early in the season. So we were told that we had to add 3mph for a true reading of the velocity.

Got that guys?