Skip to main content

Reply to "Help with coaching dilemma please..."

quote:
Originally posted by Judy:
2nd issue...coach was offended when he found out that son was seeing a private pitching coach...son was doing very poorly in fall workouts and coach wanted to "start over" with teaching son to pitch. Son had one workout with the private coach and the problem was solved. The private lesson was scheduled before that, but coach was angry and didn't want to know feedback from private coach.

I think this may be where the problem lies, teh coach offered to help your son and he let it be known that he had a pitching coach. I don't agree with the way he's acting but if this guy has a huge ego, then he's decided that your son isn't going to play because he didn't want his help.
FWIW, this is a huge lesson I hope that parents reading will learn, the pitching lessons are ok, never let your current coach know that you are working with someone else. Accept the current coaches help and say nothing, get up on the mound or in teh batters box and do yor job, if you get outs or produce runs, coaches in the end don't care who taught you.
CD has given you good advice for your son to follow.