Skip to main content

Reply to "Help with hips"

floridafan,

I really never felt that "Bluedog" said anything that was bothersome... At least not any worse than what I posted in response.

I actually like some of the back and forth stuff, though I do feel that some go overboard at times.

The hitting thread was the most interesting back when Doug was still alive and good old teacherman was posting along with Bluedog.

I never have liked the the "one way only" approach, and have no problem voicing that opinion. I do find it rediculous when people say that all those who make their living at the very highest level studying, learning, teaching and coaching hitting have no idea what they are talking about. Guess I have more faith in those types than others do. Some of these people have better and more technology (more resources) than the rest of the world. Whether we agree with them or not it would be a mistake to discount what they have to say all together.

Besides, not to down play the importance of hitting mechanics, IMO the most important ingredient in hitting is what goes on between the ears.