Skip to main content

Reply to "Help with perspective, please...."

This, as with most posts on here is simply an informed decision so your specific situation might be different but in general a well composed recruiting video is very important in the recruiting process.  This link is a good resource on how to compose the video, what to show, length, camera positions, etc. for each of the potential positions P, MIF, CIF, OF and C.

http://www.getmynameout.com/co...oftball-skills-video

Do not neglect the introduction information and if possible leave it on the screen printed for 5 to 7 seconds.  Player Name, Position/s, High School, Coaches email, GPA, SAT, ACT Summer Team, Coaches email.

This is NOT intended to get you a scholarship and I second what people have said that it is a tool.  But put yourself in the position of a RC for a moment.  I can go spend 8 to 10 hours driving to and attending a showcase, see 100 players, pick 10 that really stand out.  Spend another 10 hours determining if they are recruits to find only 1 who meet my needs and can get admittance and they may not have my school as an option they are interested in.  If this is my sole method of recruiting I will struggle.  

Video is time effective.  In 6 hours I can eat lunch, watch 60 videos of players by position interested in my school and then develop a strategy to identify ones that meet my admission requirements, look promising and determine who I want to see in person and what the best venue is (game, showcase, tournament, workout) If a player is "The Player" colleges will find them and they will recruit them.  For everyone else the easier you make it for a RC to do their job the better the likelihood they will get a look.  Pick schools you are interested in, send them an email introducing yourself with a link to the video on YouTube.  

Best of luck!!

Last edited by MDBallDad