Skip to main content

Reply to "Here we go again FB velocity CWS"

Nonamedad posted:

I’m just relaying what I saw, we can all make judgments and have opinions on what we saw... clearly 2 people can watch the same event and come away with 2 different thoughts. 

I have no idea who the #3 starter on Ohio St is and I didn’t watch all the games, BUT I certainly saw mid 80s as the most common velo in the games I watched. Thats all I’m saying.

Tough to say. Ohio St was on their third high scoring game so pitching was most likely at a premium. That being said I also saw two lefties from the Buckeyes at 94 as well so it's a mixed bag. 

On that same note, Ohio State barely made the Big 10 tournament. They were in 10th place heading into the final weekend. Not exactly an NCAA tournament team, just caught fire and earned the auto bid. But yes, I've seen plenty of 88. And 84 in a winners bracket game. A lot of it depends on the conference that you're coming from. The idea that you have to throw 90 to play D1 ball isn't true. But 87 in college is much different than a max 87 in HS. 87 in college actually means 87. 87 in HS usually means 87 in the early innings and 82 in the 6th.