Skip to main content

Reply to "Heres to You Mr High School Baseball Watcher!"

I thought of this thread as I was at a game the other day. So I actually looked around. There are a few more groups and differences that I’ve noticed:

There are some parents who cheer differently depending on circumstances.

A young kid on my son’s team recently went from DH to starting 3B. The older kid that is now the DH didn’t seem happy at all when the younger kid hit a RBI double to the gap. But when his son, the DH, hit a can of corn to LF, he was all smiles and clapping. Mentioned something about the “wind” being a factor too..LOL

You can sometimes tell who’s kid isn’t playing vs who’s is, by the intensity or lack of, when they congratulate a hit or a nice play. Sad but true.

The “Back of the Bleachers Guy” – You know him. On the smaller bleacher, they are too cool to sit down. They instead rest their elbows on the last row in the bleachers. Here’s to you.

The “Proud Dad” – If his kid is playing and doing well, he’s talking to everyone. If he’s not playing well or not at all, you’d think he wasn’t even there. Never understood that one either.

What about the “Good Eye” “Way to Watch” camp?
Batter ducks a pitch that would have plunked him…it’s inevitable..wait on it…here it comes.. “Good Eye.” “Way to watch.”
Really?

My travel kids laugh, because when they dodge a pitch I always either say “It’s about BASERUNNERS right?” or “I would say good eye, but that almost hit you.” My kids in the dugout inevitable start up with “Come on…you gotta WEAR that one!!!”
And last but not least..

The “Argue with the Umpire Coach, and doesn’t understand why he doesn’t get calls” guy.
“Where was that one Blue?” “That’s gotta go both ways.”
This same Coach / Guy then can’t understand why all the “close” calls never seem to go his way…..LOL.