Skip to main content

Reply to "Heres to You Mr High School Baseball Watcher!"

quote:
Originally posted by BOF:
In case you need some help Domingo Ayala can help you learn how to spot a scout. He can also teach you how to play catch in front of them.
He's no semipro!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9DeqaR4PO8

Domingo came out and spent the day with my son's high school program this year. That's right, he's no semipro! My wife set everything up and coordinated Domingo's appearance. Domingo surprised the team by hopping over the centerfield fence to join the boys in the middle of their stretching. My son was the only player in the program that knew he was coming, and I have to say I was proud he kept the secret...he and his teammates had a blast. Domingo stuck around for stretching, the HR contest, and the Mother/Son game. He was great with the kids. My son's FB profile is him and Domingo with a "serious" baseball pose with a bat on their shoulders...pretty funny! I have video of the entire event, but my annoying laugh is in the background through the majority of the event, and it's rather emabarrassing.

Domingo's parents were also in attendance. My wife spoke with Domingo's father a few different times prior to his appearance and forged a nice relationship. They've exchanged emails a few times since regarding Domingo's upcoming appearances and my son's spring/summer. We've also spoken with Domingo on the phone a couple times to give him advice on liability issues, etc...as I have an insurance agency.

Domingo Ayala is a very bright guy, and I wish him continued success. On another note, one of our esteemed "Old Timer" members son played with Domingo in college...the Baseball World is Small!