Skip to main content

Reply to "High Academic Baseball"

rhp1123,

As RJM indicated, you need to get in front of these coaches to determine your chances.  Each school is going to have different requirements and different needs.  Your 2200 SAT will get their attention but you should want to find the best fit whether it is Ivy, NESCAC, NEWMAC or CC conferences.  Yes,these schools are all high academic but they are all very different...they have their own personalities.  If you scored 800 on Math you have as good as a shot as any to MIT especially if you can get a "tip" from the baseball coach.  You should be reaching out to these coaches now to see where they are this summer, and what events they put particular emphasis on.

Understanding the Academic Index is very important for Ivy recruiting.  NESCAC has a similar but different method to help coaches recruit.  If you can get your MPH up just a little bit, and you can demonstrate mastery of 3 pitches I Like your chance a lot.  But again, having the skills is not enough.  You need to show these skills to the people that can best help you get admitted.  Good luck and let me know if I can help.

Last edited by fenwaysouth