Skip to main content

Reply to "High Academic D3s"

SoCal OG posted:
RJM posted:

Re weather ...

I’ve never forgotten a comment my daughter made fifteen years ago during softball recruiting. We were walking across a windy parking lot at Boston College in February. My daughter turned to me and said, “What we’re you thinking when you moved us from Southern California? Does this look like UCSB to you?”

Lol...just last week my son and his roommate (from Boston) were already planning out thanksgiving break.  Last year we spent it at the beach eating & surfing all day.  My son asked if he was going back to Boston for break and his reply was "hell no, I'm never going back if I dont have to!"

The comment sounds very familiar. I believe I said it. But life changes. Goals change. What matters changes. Responsibilities change.

I lived in Maine from 3rd to 7th grade. I was adamant I would never go back except in the summer. I never planned on living in MA again after living in Southern CA.

... he types from a Dunkin in Falmouth, ME. I’ll head south (Nahant, MA) for the winter. .  Then I’ll head for the airport once a month from January through April.