Skip to main content

Reply to "High Academic minimum requirements"

Couple of quick thoughts:

Better to have taken the test and then react on submitting in my opinion. Use/submit it if you want and do not if you dont. Many factors to consider by coaches, admissions, and in some cases the family when applying to a school. I think that schools look at several things in the admissions process. I agree with @JCG but some coaches/admissions could look at a 32 & 3.0 as a negative while others may look at things differently.

I believe that it is good for kids (whether they like it or not) to take at least one of the tests one time so they can have that experience (good, bad or ugly) to grow from. They might be taking another test like it (but harder) to get into grad/law/medical school. If your kid wants HA but is not willing to take a test at least 1x I might question why he wants HA and what his chances of a successful academic experience might be.

Lastly, the less questions a coach or admissions dept might have about your kid's academic chops the better imo. Coaches dont want to deal with a student who might be a challenge to keep eligible or who has low academic motivation and admissions does not want to deal with a baseball coach who brings in kids that might struggle academically.