Skip to main content

Reply to "High Academic minimum requirements"

@SoCal OG posted:

His reads were Yale, Dartmouth & Brown.  Harvard spoke with him but never asked for scores.  

SoCal OG - Your situation is interesting as it includes Yale.  Back in time when my son was being recruited, Yale seemed to be aloof and unapproachable even for genuine Ivy and D1 recruits    I know that has changed as I know a half dozen  recruits that have gone there, and they've certainly become more aggressive ion their recruiting over that period of time.   If they are not telling your son he doesn't have to improve his score, but Johns Hopkins is then I think something isn't quite right.   

Your earlier statement about "wiggle room" (margin) is true.  The Ivys have more margin, but they are also looking for a higher level baseball player...a recruit who is being courted by many D1 schools.   An Ivy Coach will push for an impact D1 player that meets Ivy minimums...seen it many times.   Based on what you've shared, I think your son needs to further qualify his "positioning" (what he brings to the table) with both Yale and Johns Hopkins, because this doesn't add up.   If Yale is telling him they will go to the mat for him in Admissions (because he is an impact player) then I think you have your answer.   But with all things being equal between Yale and Johns Hopkins, they should both be asking for the same 150 point improvement.

Just my experience.   Feel free to PM me if you want to discuss off line.

Last edited by fenwaysouth