Skip to main content

Reply to "High Academic -- SAT/ACT and Timing?"

Waffles&icecream posted:

This post hits home. Have son with 3.9 gpa, all physical & position boxes checked off. Honors & AP classes this year and next . Figuring better than average chance at playing Ivy or Patriot and then we get his Jan SAT score....1160 yesterday...still on the floor.

W&IC,

So, I've been on this board a while and I've seen this before.  Please don't panic.  There is time to get your son some help taking these pesky tests.  It is very rare for a high academic baseball player to have everything needed for "Admission" from the get go....most have to work at it and really want it.   Some need to work on their baseball skills, GPA, etc.  Your son just needs to focus his attention (and comfort) toward taking these standardized tests.

I've seen many overcome this before, so please don't think your son is unique in that regard.   There are all kinds of ways & methods to boost standardized test scores.  It just takes some hard work, adjustment and desire....all the tools he'll need playing baseball at a high academic school anyway.  Good luck!