Skip to main content

Reply to "High Academic walk vs. Post Grad?"

I have a son who did a PG year and went high academic.  His situation was more about a significant position change which was creating a whole new recruiting environment for him.  Like yours, he was young in his class, though maturity, physical or otherwise, wasn't really an issue.

Twoboys post above is a very good one, I'd agree.  Of course, there are unique situations that may create an exception depending on your situation.  A PG year will likely make him bigger and stronger, whether that creates additional opportunity or not is unclear.  It happens, but I wouldn't say it's the norm, unless there are circumstances like in our case where a position change junior-senior summer changed the landscape.  In my view, chasing college scholarship by spending money on prep school is most often a losing proposition.

All that said, a PG year at a very high academic prep was a wonderful experience for my son.  He absolutely loved it, made lifelong friends and contacts and I know he would do it again in a second.  He had an excellent baseball experience at the school as well.