Skip to main content

Reply to "High School Baseball"

OK, for all of the HS "Non-Shakers" out there. For those of you just in love with the HS coach calling all shots & "playing to win," let me ask you this. If I turn on a MLB game & watch it & Clayton Kershaw or Strassburg or Name a pitcher gets a sign from the catcher & shakes 2X & then throws a pitch, is he "playing to win?" I think we would say yes, but well he is a MLB Pitcher & knows what he is doing etc etc. Yes, correct.

When exactly, then, does he get the green light to shake & throw his own game? Pro Ball? Maybe if he goes to a few select colleges or JUCO? If the answer, according to what appears to be the consensus here, is that there shall be no shaking in MS, HS, College then apparently you need to somehow sign with MiLB in order to shake & learn how to actually pitch. Aren't these guys in MiLB trying to win? Aren't they trying to develop the most polished, winning pitcher possible? Yes, of course they are. This is why they throw their own game. Because it creates a WINNING PITCHER.  "Well, you can't really do that with a youth pitcher." I can hear it already. I will simply call BS on that because I have seen it & done it. It is the COACHING EGO that blocks the development of youth pitchers. Plain & simple.