Skip to main content

Reply to "High School Baseball"

Now that's funny. Made me laugh. Hey look, you are probably a good dude & a good coach who obviously cares otherwise you would not bother with this stuff. My experience or anybody else's experience does not trump anything. It is simply having been there & living through scenarios where I had pitches I knew were right & being called in from the dugout & then letting it go with bad results. Virtually every time I threw a pitch I did not want to throw it was not a quality offering & usually got hit hard. This was MY experience & I do not think it is uncommon. This is why you hear talk about throwing a pitch "with conviction." You must do this to really be successful at a high level. Most people fall into the category of "if it's my idea, I will have a better rate of success," so to speak. Pitching is no different. If you have a rock head behind the plate, shake him & do your thing.

Your team would probably beat my team in the short run but I would probably churn out more high end polished pitchers. Just a different approach & your ego would feel better  but I would sleep better knowing I churned out kids who could think for themselves, were accountable & had no fear of a big spot. In the end with 99% of HS kids not moving on to a next level, I feel this is a better approach. You feel different but i think you should try it in a soft scenario just to see what happens. The results may surprise you. All good & enjoy the dialogue.