Skip to main content

Reply to "High School Baseball"

ironhorse posted:
Steve A. posted:

Your team would probably beat my team in the short run but I would probably churn out more high end polished pitchers. Just a different approach & your ego would feel better  but I would sleep better knowing I churned out kids who could think for themselves, were accountable & had no fear of a big spot. In the end with 99% of HS kids not moving on to a next level, I feel this is a better approach. You feel different but i think you should try it in a soft scenario just to see what happens. The results may surprise you. All good & enjoy the dialogue.    

Eh. We'll agree to disagree on the polished pitchers part. 

Ironically, I don't even call pitches any more. I found a guy (who played pro ball!) and hired him and turned the whole pitching program over to him, because he's a lot more knowledgeable than me at it, and it frees me up a lot during games and practice. He does a great job of creating thinking pitchers.

And we had a freshman start behind the dish this year. My goal is to get him to where he can call a game by his junior year, so believe me, we're not as far apart as you think.

Ok, great. I am available if you have a spot open on the staff...lol. Hey, good luck & I look forward to mixing it up with you soon. Plus, it's boring if we agree on everything anyway.