Skip to main content

Reply to "High school baseball."

Day 1 of JV practice.  Papa has settled down and son is enjoying the camaraderie as usual.  Baseball has been a series of let downs and I'm always learning to temper expectations. Just like Scott said above i think the large majority of coaches it's a job, they aren't professionals. Such as life. If baseball has taught me one thing it's that it mimics life. Between daddy ball at the younger ages, to money grab at the showcase levels to politics of HS baseball, I'm shocked any of us enjoy this ride.  I dont like roller coasters and often find an excuse not to go on them.  LoL.  A lot of you all said keep working and get you private reps and workouts, that's what is really needed to improve,  and this was never really an issue about that. He would not be where he is today without very hard work. Yesterday was team gym before school,  practice from 4 to 6 and then showcase practice 8 to 10. I know sounds like a lot.  He is off this weekend.   I guess I am most disappointed with the adults in the room not working as hard or caring as much about the kid . They aren't making the most of practices, put kids on teams and in games  that haven't worked as hard but can afford admission,  and tend not to be honest with families about why they aren't playing. Good luck to all you with kids, or coaches with your careers, like I said before I hope to reblog in 4 years with more complaints.