Skip to main content

Reply to "High School Baseball Politics"

Originally Posted by throw'n bb's:

If you make a mistake and put your son on a travel team with a poor coach you can move Him the next season.  If your HS coach is poor your stuck.  Unfortunately our coach is not good but what can you do?  Our area is loaded with talent and the coach makes playoffs each year based on talent alone but does not go far as soon as game situations factor in.  I heard he does not want to go far just keep his job.  It's really sad when what should be a great memory is ruined by a guy in it for the wrong reason.  Before you bash me as a dad of a weak player my son is a starter, made AC last year, is forecasted as a draft pick but still is not having a great time due to a egomaniac coach who didn't play past the HS level.  My son focuses on his friends and  love of the game.  He says he now wants to be a coach to help make kids have a better experience than he has.  Just focus on the love of the game.

Nice post. Yes, you can be stuck in high school. Summer ball allows you to be a free agent.Long live free agency!