Skip to main content

Reply to "High School Coaches Involved In Process"

quote:
I was surprised by how many people he had spoke to and we had no idea. They included high school coaches from other schools, other college coaches who were recruiting my Son, as well as showcase operators and MLB scouts. But some of things that the College Coach relayed to us at that meeting had nothing to do with my Son's baseball skills. He told us that his HS coach spoke highly of my Son in regards to his work ethic. He knew my Son had been successful on his team but had no idea what his stats were, nor did it seem important to him. The College Coach had seen my son perform so he knew what he liked, it was the other stuff he wanted to find out.

That there is golden thread material.

I'll add one, not that it is needed, but an important item too.

Other players. They ask other players on their team.

And I've been told that they check with the local police and the high school principal.
After high school, the baseball world gets pretty small. And don't forget that.

Leave the high school coach out of your recruiting plan. That ain't a knock on the high school coaches. College coaches are pretty crafty creatures. They know how to use a phone book or might even have a secretary.

Ask him to complete one questionaire, if you need to, copy it, and paste it to the rest, and tell him that is what you are gonna do.

And, when you have a doubt about the high school coach, reread that quote above.
Last edited by FormerObserver