Skip to main content

Reply to "High School Cuts"

Cabbage once again we find common ground - I love puppies!!  Just a half hour ago during my free period I sent my son about six screenshots of a side by side analysis I did on hudl technique. All the drawing tools and messages to go with. Mechanics are in serious need of repair. So you do raise a good point, what if he didn't have a dad who was a hs pitching coach and is a student of the game?  What if he really just had no idea what to do and no resources to find out. I guess you can still work out physically but touché to you for raising a valid point that it's harder for some kids than others to 'work hard'. 

How would I have felt if he struggled most of his outings?  Like we just need to get back to work!  Although I would stay away from other parents - no need to start a fight!  I get your point though.  Walk a mile and all. But at some point don't you have to say "son this may not be for you" if he keeps struggling?  He may or may not play basketball next year. As you look down the line he is probably not an impact varsity player jr and sr year. That time will probably be better spent gearing up for baseball. Now I guess if basketball were the dream he would have to start putting in hours every day. But to not put in the work, go out jr year, make the coach cut you or sit you permanently...  that's on you not the coach. Some self realization would help. Though he could definitely play JV soph season I think he will probably hang up the sneakers. It's his time. For some that time is after jr high. For others it's even sooner.  now baseball he will no doubt play til nobody wants him to anymore. That day too will come. It will be sad. But he will live. Maybe I will buy him a puppy!