Skip to main content

Reply to "High School Jr. Recruiting Advice"

Sounds like he has all the tools (especially the grades) to be able to go anywhere. You are correct on the velo for a rhp, we just went through what you are going through (although the grades werent quite as good) so I can tell you that 90 mph is the magic number for the Big D-1 programs attention. You may want to start a wish list of schools that your son would like to attend and begin correspondence with them via email or phone. We put together a website and sent it along with a cover letter to 50 schools (some websites are free (wix.com) and some cost money) but it was well worth it. Also, try and get that PG number up, I know their showcases may seem expensive but consider it an investment as recruiters really use this tool. Some of the individual schools have less expensive Fall Camps so I would go on their websites and see whats available. Get him on a top notch Fall and Summer team that plays in these PG events as well. Dont expect much, if any activity from High School, the colleges just dont have the time or money to get there. If he's got the game,which it sounds like he does, and knowing he's got the grades, you are off on a fun adventure....Smile