Skip to main content

Reply to "High School Jr. Recruiting Advice"

Good points all...BOF is right. I also have a 2012 and it's really hard to sort out or gauge true interest. I would say only time will tell if those that showed interest early will stay for the long term. It also depends on how they (colleges) perceive your interest as well. It always takes 2 to Tango so to speak. You have to stay proactive , play competitive ball in the right venues ( PG Nationals and AZ Fall Classics), and go to right camps (Stanford if feasible and Select college camps of your TOP 5 schools).

Have to consider Cleveland Dad's advise as well if there are any questions on how interested a college is especially if they are in your top 5 or 10.

We are just grateful that RR23Jr sparked some interest with what we have done so far at this point and continues his journey by taking care of his grades,prepare for PSAT/ACT/SAT, staying out of trouble, playing competitive ball, get stronger and faster, keep the communication lines open, and lastly still have fun doing it.

In addition to what BOF has said, I would also like to add that if possible try-out for a respected scout team since it would be another source of exposure. ( We also got word he made his scout team yesterday)

I would also like to hear stories from my fellow 2012 parents what type of experience September 1st, 2010 brought into their lives.

For us, it was a great day to start this marathon.

Good Luck to your son BBDad46. Have fun in your journey with him.

Thanks for all your inputs and suggestions.

RR23
Last edited by Ryanrod23