Skip to main content

Reply to "High School Jr. Recruiting Advice"

Yep. How many times have we heard the stories about how the coach didnt call back? How the coach all of a sudden stopped contacting the player?

I can tell you this when my son was being recruited we responded to every single email. We sent back every single questionaire. It did not matter who it came from. Every single camp invite. "Thanks coach for inviting me to your camp. I appreciate you taking the time to contact me and invite me. I am sorry that I will not be able to attend. Please stay in touch with me and I appreciate you taking the time."

And I can tell you that if we did not get a response back from a coach we remembered that as well. If a coach said he was going to call at a certain time on a certain day and he didnt call. If a coach didnt respond to an email. Those things were red flags just like you not responding is a red flag.

Just because you have no interest right now in that school does not mean you wont down the road. Just because you dont have interest in that school does not mean that coaching staff will not be at a school you might have interest in down the road.

Remember that girl in HS you treated like s**t? You had no interest in her because she was not very attractive? Or you had a girl friend already you thought was a better "fit" for you?" Then a few years down the road your in the grocery store and you see this freaking knock out and about that time you realize its her? Yeah. And by the way your old girlfriend turned out to be a total loser. Could have , should have , would have.

Do the right thing and you will be just fine.