Skip to main content

Reply to "High School Jr. Recruiting Advice"

I hope that you sat down with your son and explained how important it is to tell someone when something doesn't feel right. I often feel this happens when young players feel pressured to please others (as they don't want to let them down), been there done that so this advice comes from experience.

Never ever show up for a showcase or tournament unless you are in perfect health and at your best, players don't realize how much this can work against you. This is the best way to lose attention then you have to work harder at getting it back (attention).

BOF offers good advice, your son has plenty of time, just get better and work hard at regaining that veocity. FWIW, my son didn't hit 90 until fall of junior year, and that opened lots of doors, if he had committed earlier he may have been missing out on great opportunities.

Coaches use their camps to be able to meet and get to know the prospects they are very much interested in.

I have said it once and will say it again, there's a lot of guesswork that goes into this, but reality is that you will KNOW when someone is hot on your case. Trying to read too much into every step along the way is sometimes not necessary, those of us that have been through it can tell you that YOU and YOUR SON will KNOW.