Skip to main content

Reply to "High school: pitcher only or pitcher and position"

@DD 2024  No, DD, don't go pouting on us and throwing your hands up in the air.  We're all adults here.  Your opinions, observations and things you "know to be true," are being subjected to fair scrutiny.  Which you should absolutely want.  Any opinion/conclusion/etc in ANY topic that is worthwhile, needs to be subject to questioning and scrutiny.  The strongest opinions and conclusions always stand up when challenged.  Lesser ones don't hold up quite as well.  To each their own, but me, I want all my opinions to stand up well when they're challenged by others.  Otherwise, how can I feel good about where I've landed?  I don't expect everyone to agree with my opinions, but I would ask that anyone who disagrees, steps up and makes a strong case against them.  Hell, I am not omnipotent and I'm only 47.  I'm nowhere near knowing it all nor will I ever be.  But I surely want to get closer if possible.  So bring some new data to me.  Something with some substance.  You won't hurt my feelings if you erode any of my opinions or current conclusions.  If anything, I'll thank you for bringing new info/data to my attention and broadening my perspective.  What I "know" is constantly evolving and I'm glad for that.

We all have a choice to make.  Do we want to be right or do we want to be as knowledgeable as possible?

Last edited by DanJ