Skip to main content

Reply to "High School workout/ or practice?? Whats legal these days???"

Coach B are you Lou Holtz'en me again? No one in their right mind would think you were organized?... I was mystified by how organized your teams were when we played you. I wondered in amazement how you could be so fundamentally sound compared to our team. I would need to start practice in August and go 24/7 just to keep up with your team(s). Thankfully our kids can go to open workouts at a nice facility and do some hitting, throwing, catch, etc. These are not mandatory workouts, they are open, and they do have some structure to them. This is done by a few fathers and a couple of alum. It's always nice to have ex-players come back and give advice and feedback to future players. Again, I wish student athletes could experience what I did in high school; play three sports for 4 years. I loved every minute of it. I often think of high school games I played in and those life long learnings I gained from those experiences and I pass those things on to the players in the hope it will make them better people in all aspects of their future lives. That seems like a sentence run on but you know what I mean. I would not knowingly break any rules. Believe me my AD would let me know it. I am, as I stated earlier in this thread, in favor of players getting a little extra work in if they want. To me, the benefits out weigh the negatives; just my opinion!