Skip to main content

Reply to "HighSchool Stats"

@Francis7 posted:

True story. At the end of the 2021 HS season, a news outlet had a wrap-up feature and selected players as being outstanding based on their stats. A neighboring HS had quite a few kids mentioned and honored. And, I know these kids. I couldn't believe the numbers. Fat, slow kid with 15 triples in 22 games. Another kid who has always been a B team player batting .750 on the season. Another kid who was a bench player having 30 steals.

Something was fishy. So I asked my son who has a buddy on the team. He told me that one of the kids messed with the stats after the last game and the coach didn't notice it when he submitted them.

It was funny to see my son on the top of the list for hitting, OBP, and OPS for all of Palm Beach County for a few weeks (as a sophomore!). Palm Beach is loaded with talent. On one hand I was a little relieved when he came back down because I didn’t want people saying I was cooking the books. On the other, he earned those numbers. Thankfully none of his hits were questionable.