Skip to main content

Reply to "HighSchool Stats"

Kind of off topic RJM, but the numbers you used reminded me of my freshman year of college. I played very little and in a late season game when I was called to pinch hit, I knew that likely was going to be my last AB of the year. I literally calculated in the dirt on deck what my average would be if I got a hit. Get a hit and I could go home for the summer and tell people I hit .300. Make an out and I was at .260. I got the hit and I'm pretty sure I was 7 for 23 for the year 

Similar situation … Freshman year I was a situational lefty and part time outfielder. I was recruited as an outfielder. In our last game of the season I went 4-4. It raised my average from .260 to .320. Given my 0-16 start with 7 whiffs to my college career it was a nice finish. It set me up to be a starting outfielder the next season. I was only pitching to fill a hole.

After the hitting start I was petrified the coaching staff was going to tell me I was a pitcher only. I wanted to be an outfielder only. I raised my hand when the coach screamed, “Is there an effing lefty who can come out of the pen throwing strikes?”

Last edited by RJM