Skip to main content

Reply to "Hillsborough High Baseball Under Investigation"

Relax Dr. Phil. I do love your show by the way.

Bottom line is the same guy who had problems and was fired from Plant had problems and was fired from Hillsborough. People and their methods don't change....especially when they aren't punished enough or feel they have done anything wrong.

Fact is, given the issues at Plant we shouldn't even be having this conversation. He never should have been hired again in Hillsborough County or farther.

Obviously the punishment wasn't enough in that case and problems occured again. Behind the scenes there was plenty more going on besides recruiting that was being looked at.

If it talks like a duck, walks like a duck, acts like a duck, yeah it's a duck. The Hillsborough principal finally had enough and figured that out. No employer would put up with continued issues arising in the public or newspaper. At some point an employer has to decide whats best for the company and not allow anything to provide poor PR for his company or organization. Sometimes it's just time to say "Look, we just can't have all this going on here drawing attention. It's time to look elsewhere for employment." Right or wrong, it had to be done. Far too much on sports radio and the newspapers about the schools alleged problems to not take notice and put an end to it.

Luckily this wasn't another "I'm resigning to spend more time with my family" deals allowing the person to save face as we've seen in the past and again in the early summer.

To his credit he did seem to help his athletes further their careers after HS and did know his baseball.

At least now maybe we'll see another school's players in the batting stats top 15? Maybe?