Skip to main content

Reply to "Hillsborough High Baseball Under Investigation"

Well thats too bad really. If there is a better player at that position, then work hard and beat him out. Ask to move positions to prove he can be in the lineup and produce as one of the top 9. If he doesn't produce then he shouldn't be playing anywhere. If he is not one of the top 9 players on THAT team, then he shouldn't be in the top 9 on another. If he is that good and worthy of playing time but doen't get it due to a player ahead of him, then he should be able to play SOMEWHERE in the top 9. There are not 9 top players at any school around here....so there are plenty that can be replaced in the lineup by a good player. That is...if he is truly good.

why should a kid who has no chance of playing due to a kid who is better in front of him be punished?

You're punishing yourself by not working your way in the lineup somewhere. You sound like a dad who HAS to have his kids play a certain position. The sooner you get over that the better off your son will be.

If a coach decides to leave a program because his team is no good, why doesnt he have to sit out a year of coaching?

He SHOULD have to sit out a year or more himself too.

A parents job is to do whats best for their child and if my son wanted a transfer because his chances were better at another school i would do it.

Better lose that wussy approach. It don't fly in college. Stand up, be real parent. Talk to your son, fire him up to get in the lineup somewhere. Talk to the coach, fire him up to give him an opportunity somewhere.

Or you can run .......our family is stronger than that approach.

quote:
Originally posted by 08catcher:
quote:
Originally posted by Daddio:
I beg to differ. You're "apparently" is garbage. These are real allegations not rumors. There are indeed actually 8 athletes being investigated that have transferred to Hillsborough in recent years. The interesting part of the Hillsborough situation is that most of the transfers HAVE been associated with either the head coach or someone on his staff playing at other times than during the HS season. I also heard boys tell me directly that played over this past summer for the head coach and his staff that they received a major sales pitch to come to Hillsborough. I've even overheard kids talking that know of the steroid abuse there first hand. The kids doing it have told them they do it and where they got it. All you have to do is listen to the kids and their friends. It doesn't take long to hear what is true and what isn't. In both cases here unfortunately both are true.

If you enroll as a freshman and then transfer you should be penalized one year of elegibility, period. If you're not good enough to play there, your probably not good enough to play elsewhere. There are 9 spots on the field for the best 9 to play. If someone is at your position and your that good, then the coach will find a place in the lineup for you elsewhere. If you don't like the coach or are not playing, too bad, improve your game. You didn't research your options before you enrolled.

In Hillsborough County you have choice schools, now with 4 to choose from. You can move within those 4 period. Go outside and you should have to sit a year.

Im dont care for the recruiting, but why should a kid who has no chance of playing due to a kid who is better in front of him be punished? If a coach decides to leave a program because his team is no good, why doesnt he have to sit out a year of coaching? Dont say its different because its not.

A parents job is to do whats best for their child and if my son wanted a transfer because his chances were better at another school i would do it.