Skip to main content

Reply to "Hitting Analysis Request II"

Wow, he's done a lot of good work and come a long way.  Looks good.  Nice quick first half, good use of the lower half, barrel comes thru the zone on a nice path, good balance.  I will mention two things but they tend to be preference items as opposed to correction items.  I like the hands to come to a spot just a little higher at load.  With his hands loading low, he may struggle with high pitches against good pitching. 

Also, I would like to see just a little less of a hard break/stop between foot down and fire.  I understand that it may have been a necessary step in order to incorporate some of the mechanical fixes but I would say it is time to get a bit more fluid with the load - swing transition. 

Think about climbing up a set of stairs.  You raise your knee and then the knee reverses direction as the foot goes down to the step.  You don't raise your knee and stop with a hard pause.  That would be awkward and you would probably lose  a bit of balance.  With good  quality pitch speed variance, this hard stop can make for some balance challenges.  I do see some guys do fine with the distinct load stop, then fire but most have fluidity to where you can hardly tell they have transitioned from load to swing.