Skip to main content

Reply to "Hitting Analysis Request II"

Thanks for the feedback so far. 

Cabbage and Standball -

The two areas pointed out are the two key things in queue. 

LOAD:

He had a really difficult time getting his hands lower through the zone.  This resulted in a very steep bat angle.   I think he's made good progress, but a byproduct was his hands were starting tighter to his body and lower.  I think he can begin to start working on getting his hands a little more back and up during the load.  I really like the idea of him loading early and slow when doing that. 

STRIDE:

He doesn't seem to naturally want to stride into the hit and his shoulders tend to try and dominate his swing.  He has used a no stride swing in the past, but struggled to get his hips through the swing.  He is kinda in between a stride and no stride swing right now.  I think if he can do the slow/early load and then stride, that might be the answer to make it feel right for him.

Sultan -

This is something we have looked at a lot.  Regardless of where his hands start, he drops his back elbow to his side before his hands really move.  I wish that were not the case, but I am not sure it is really going to change without an enormous amount of effort.  I'm also not sure this hurts him right now except for a little timing wise.  I get the bat drag comment, because of the elbow/hands start.  However, I don't think he really has bat drag as I understand it, but I am interested in differing opinions and discussing (I am no expert).

I don't know why the video is sideways, but I'll try to fix that.