Skip to main content

Reply to "Hitting strategy for showcase"

I believe the rules are that if the P walks you, he then has to throw one more FB next pitch. So, as much as I agree that the RC's are not looking for walks, a batter can't be swinging at unhittable pitches, either, and the P's are looking to spin their nastiest breaking stuff that they can.

My 2018 couldn't do anything at SB, but at Headfirst he had six hits, all singles. Since he is a smaller, speed guy, those hits made sense with the overall package he had to offer as a player, and he got plenty of interest. In other words, not everyone is built the same, so there is no correct answer. As a matter of fact, 2018 heard one coach sigh(at Headfirst) about "Showcase fly outs", with the implication being he had seen way too many of them, and wanted to see balls in play.

Line drive doubles in the gap, or even hard line drive outs, are never a bad thing. Squaring up the ball is what they want to see. If it results in a HR, great, but unless you are some hitting prodigy they are not common, especially in a situation where you will see very few pitches, and fewer strikes.

Last edited by 57special