Skip to main content

Reply to "Hitting With Backspin"

hi jemaz

The TALENT excuse is the number one most-used excuse players use to justify there lack of success when hitting. it is also a excuse for those not willing to work hard. which of the two groups do you qualify?

personally i hate to hear this specially from players more capable than me who i have outplayed just by working hard on my hitting ability.
i won a starting spot in my team-crammed with ex minor leaguers and players way younger and stronger- just by following Epstein advice. so was it worth it? you bet it was. it was worth itfor me when i saw that the coach had to open a spot for me in the infield and send one of his beloved minorleaguers- coach pet- to the outfield. that made my day.

the talent god given line you always give is full of balloney to say the least. talent is in the eye of the beholder. there isn´t anybody in my team less talented than me-i am skinny, small, etc- yet i managed to hit line drives to right and left. they couldn´t. why? i have some information they didn´t have. simple as that.

yes, i am a good glove but glove alone will not win a spot. you have to show you can drive the ball.

seriously think about the damage you are making out there with this kind of comments that only excuse your lack of drive or motivation to make something happen.

as to epstein, i believe he was involved in the hitting education of mlb players like Marcus Giles, and Eric Chavez. i can see it in Marcus, anyway.
i dont think there is much talent around, what you see at the mlb level is players that have worked on their abilities longer and harder than anybody else. the "natural swing" is just another myth, that losers embrace as their credo.

toti