Skip to main content

Reply to "Hmm... I'm not sure how to catorgize this..."

After watching the discovery channel and the animal planet, I think I now understand.

Baseball is by far the hardest game to officiate. The founders created a 3 dimentional zone in the air, and then ask an opinionated machine (man) to determine in a microsecond if an object that changes planes intersects that zone while traveling at a high rate of speed, and then make that call ~200 times a game. Thats is only part of the job.

On the other side the fan of either team is going to question the judgemenal call because they also have an opinion of the intersection. Man being a creature that runs in packs, and protects it's young understands the numerical advantage and will voice displeasure because it has the power of numbers. Some members of the pack will cross the line and unless pursaded to conform, will be removed from the pack. The balance of nature.

The ump is always at fault or the hero depending on which pack is asked, and that's because the ump has the last say. This must mean they are they are in charge?

But in charge of what, a competition where they are not even a participant. I thought I understood.

Last edited {1}