Skip to main content

Reply to "Home Visit from MLB teams"

Fungo,
I understand that everyone has different goals in life, I mean, if you walk down the halls of my school you will see kids who want to go to college and be doctors, trainers, vets., etc. The only thing that kind of made me raise an eyebrow is that they were upset that they weren't getting enough money. I can see that if college is more important to you than Professional Baseball than definatly got to college and let scout know that so the other kids who want to play pro ball can have a chance and so the team who wants to draft wont wast a draft pick on someone who doesn't want to sign based on the fact they would rather go to college. My intention in my post wasn't to critisize anyone for anything, it was just to state how I felt about someone not signing because they weren't getting paid enough.

PGStaff,
Yeah, about the autograph thing. The reason I picture myself doing that is because while I am wathing the Pirates take BP, I am yelling for their autographs and I just wonder, how cool would that be? You know? That isn't a reason why I would want to play pro ball (though it certainly is a plus). My reasons for playing pro ball would be;
(not in any order)
1)Big league uni
2)Playing on a big league ball field
3)Playing against some of the greatest competition in the world.
4)Being in a big league dugout
5)catching in a big league bullpen
+ a lot more.
My stand point came from my goal being becoming a MLB ball player. My statements where, basically, from envy that those kids are being given that chance. I didn't mean to critisize anyone. I'm sorry if it sounded like that.

-Kevin