Skip to main content

Reply to "Home visits to 8th graders????"

"I would bet the ranch that if I took the top 15 2021 players from the PG site, & you got to recruit however you wanted, my team would beat yours like a drum in 5-8 years."

Not relevant.

What is relevant is how many eighth graders accept an offer and how how many enroll?

Always focusing on the outliers - in this case 15 players - obscures the fact that D1 programs bring in over 3,000 kids a year (and ignoring which of those 15 will go pro from HS).  Yes, it was clear that Bryce Harper was special - and a good number of those special kids will go straight to proball; but we're discussing eighth grade college recruiting.

If you are arguing that PG ratings identify (on an ongoing basis) kids who it believes are the best, I accept that. If you are arguing that everyone of those 15 early bloomers remain uninjured, academically eligible, and continue to advance so that they remain in the top 15, and attend that eighth grade offering college, I say prove it. 

(As an aside, and out of pure curiosity, what are the sizes of those 15?  As a group bigger, equal to, or smaller, than the average eight grader?)

Last edited by Goosegg