Skip to main content

Reply to "Hope Rice was misquoted"

I haven't written here in a long while and now I see why. Remember, espny allegedly quoted this from Rice. Those of you who don't know the game would say the guy wasn't good. Maybe Rice should be asked publicly about the Golden Boy Jeter. I am sure he has the most respect for him as a player. There is no way you lump DreadHead and A-Flop with Jeter. But then again, ESPNY has never liked Rice because he's dirt honest, always played for his teammates, never took himself first, and regarded the media as snakes looking for hype. ESPNY is the only outlet that covered the story and more should have so that it would be reported accurately. Rice's beef is with the showboating attitude, the thug look that has seemingly become more important than playing the game right. Don't you think Aaron, Schmidt and some other HOF's feel the same way. I personally hope Rice continues to speak to youth about playing hard and repecting the game. Maybe next time we will actually be able to see what he's saying and then we can judge for ourselves. By the way, you want baseball coverage, turn to MLB channel.