Skip to main content

Reply to "Hopeless?? - controversial subject, maybe..."

RJM posted:
BobbyBaseball posted:

As a follow-up:  part of that conversation I was having with another parent about this kid was about how much his skills had slipped.  His Frosh year, he hit 5 HRs and batted +.400 on JV.  Played a good game..  pitched/1st base...was good.  His soph year, he was slated to play Var but was red carded the whole year for one class.  This year, on var, his skills have greatly diminished. What a shame was the crux of the conversation...   He barely plays club ball because of money and, frankly, timid parents who probably don’t go to bat for him.

i can’t help but wonder, how much impact did not playing and the stigma of the red card have on his baseball development?

My son asked A few weeks ago....  “what happen to ______? He was really good... now he struggles. It’s like we left him behind...” 

This is where this post came from.....

The impact not playing had was probably taking away some of the hunger for the game. If he didn’t play summer ball it was a big mistake. There are a lot of potential recruits on the diamond for D1 and pro. No one is bigger than the game. This kid sounds like a big red flag. 

On the upside, he has another 2 yrs to get it back.