Skip to main content

Reply to "Hopeless?? - controversial subject, maybe..."

PABaseball posted:

This whole thread is strange. 

He's a draft worthy prospect that doesn't play much summer ball, but is also about to miss his second season of HS ball and it looks like he's no longer progressing as a player?

I will say this. The top position players that are draft prospects, play on the summer circuit and hit 90+ consistently all summer. That is how they become draft prospects - since not enough guys in HS ball throw 90+ to confirm the talent. 

I doubt this kid is a pro talent, but for my final thoughts. I don't think there is a problem with the US developmental system, I think there is a problem with this kid's home situation. I don't think any spring league would've helped. He either couldn't help himself or those around him failed him miserably. 

The point of the thread wasn’t the kid...  I never said he was a prospect,  I was talking potential and hypothetically putting him somewhere else.   He could have been further in his development and turned into a prospect....   so the point was... are we arresting development with some policies?... and is there another way, for someone like him or the system...

but your probably right about his situation.   To you point on 90+ Plenty of prospects are prospects for their hitting.  Although some other tool likely needed to accompany it... I’m sure.

Last edited by BobbyBaseball