Skip to main content

Reply to "“Hot” radar guns"

@2023Catcher posted:

Player in my son's class who is actually very solid player posted an 89 at a PG event at 14u (he was actually 15u grade age playing down at the time, but I digress). At the same event the player posted the sole 89 he posted mostly 82-83 otherwise and didn't touch 89 again--but PG posted it anyway.  I suspect it was the exit velocity of ball and should not have been posted.  But it was.  Player and his organization tweeted the hell out of that reading for a long time.  It appears on the profile.  Player was offered by ACC School as a Freshman as a P.  Player has not posted much beyond 82 since.   Two years have passed and as far as I know the player is still around 85. RHP.  Do I think the 89 mattered to said ACC school that offered him during COVID and his Freshman year without a visit. Damn straight. Do I think that player will ever play for said ACC School. Not a chance.  Please tell me who this benefits.

That's actually might be a new pitching technique to increase your FB velo. Throw to Aaron Judge and then post an exit velocity.....  just saying you gonna turn some heads