Skip to main content

Reply to "How a coach found players..."

Tom, it's amazing you have earned such a high reputation on this website without ever going out of your way to bring any unique, helpful, or thoughtful recruiting information to the message board. The vast majority of your posts are for people to call you so you can sell your showcases, listing top recruits in the area to promote your website, or do disparage other people who have something thoughtful to contribute like Advisor did again. Knowledgeable recruiting people like Advisor, myself and others on this board see right through it, while most others do not and the fact that you have been able to basically use the hsbaseball message board for your own personal agenda for the last 5 years doesn’t go unnoticed.

Whenever I post on the board I always try to bring something to the board that has a lot of value and something that has either been confirmed or researched (or both) otherwise I try to bring a unique story that has some long-term value to people. And once in a while I make a comment simply to make a comment.

For the last 17+ years both Advisor and myself have been researching and writing about the recruiting process. We are both former college athletes “who have been there and done that” and we have taken are passion for athletics and recruiting and continued to help future families in any way we can. We regularly talk to coaches at both the high school and college level, parents, students, teachers, guidance counselors, camp directors and anyone else in between. We speak at school, conventions, and camps and on the side of a field when given the opportunity. We know what coaches are doing, what is successful, what isn’t, what they are looking for and the challenges they have and for 8 years we have expressed this information in any way we can to help people.

Unless your showcases are free, you won’t find two individuals who write more and do more for families in the recruiting process while making little money in return and your attempts to belittle us because we don’t have a son who played D1 baseball or because we aren’t parents is just embarrassing.

Have you helped parents in the past? I am sure you have? Do you know something about recruiting? I am sure you do. The bottom line is there are other people who also have a great deal of knowledge about this subject and try to express themselves through different means, and every time you chime in to disparage others and glorify yourself you simply hurt current and future families.

Dave G
http://www.varsityedge.com