Skip to main content

Reply to "How a coach found players..."

With regards to the original post, as I mentioned, I appreciate someone sharing their experiences and not just their opinions. The point of this whole discussion is for parents to be Proactive, to the best of their ability. If they can not help their sons because their sons do not want to be helped, then they can hold their heads up knowing they did the best they could.
I know this because in high school I was a know-it-all with my parents. While this is not directly related to baseball, it still serves to show the mindset of some teens. My parents tried to give me good advice and some I listened to and some I didn't. Being a parent myself, I too know that their are some things my kids listen to and some they will not. If my kids choose to pursue next level sports, be sure that my wife and I will be very proactive in our efforts.
By the way TR, a couple of phrases came to mind when I read what you wrote: 1) "You can teach an old dog new tricks", 2) "It's never to late to change", and 3) "You can catch more bees with honey than you can with vinegar." Needless to say I completely agree with accessment of SBK, ghouse, and fan1516. You can state things anyway you choose to, politically correct or not, but you are wasting your breath if no one wants to hear them or cares for the WAY you share them.
It seems to me you have A LOT of experience in this industry and I would like to hear it, but could care less what you say because of the WAY you express it. We are not saying you have to change who you are change your personality. Besides, who would you rather have listened to when they were alive, Ghandhi with his soft-spoken demeaner that moved thousands to revolt against their oppressors, or Napolean, who was kwown to be loud, boisterous, and hated by those he lead?
I will not turn this site into a philosophical debate, so I will step-down off of my soapbox.