Skip to main content

Reply to "how are they doing?"

To echo valefty44,it is great to hear how well the 03's are doing. I know this has been covered on a another thread, but a hat's off and a thank you goes out to these young men's AAU coaches: BBDNB, driller, valefty44 and KNIGHTS. These coaches built a strong foundation for our 03's to build on. From my perspective, I have a 12 year old currently playing AAU/USSSA (Performance Baseball; in association with Wayne Gomes). The AAU/USSA in our area is watered down from years past. Don't get me wrong and no disrespect to the coaches and players in this area, there are some good ones, but there are as many teams in this area as there were total for our state tournament in 96'. We (Performance Baseball) are classified as an Elite USSSA team; one of three in the State of VA. Getting back on the subject to the afore mentioned coaches, I have not seen many current coaches that I can compare too.

monarch baseball, I was at the ODU clinic last saturday. Jim Palmer was the guess-speaker and that was great. No disrespect to Mr. Palmer, but for me seeing all those local boys in their ODU uniform and chatting with them was the highlight of the day. Driller, talked with JJ. Super young man and can't wait to see him in a Cubs uniform at Wrigley.

LSUtiger, Phillip will spend two years at PJC. Ideally, (selfishly on my part, hey I want to see him play!) he could return and play at ODU and has expressed a desire to do so. I think he would have no problem fitting in with the players he grew up with.
Reality, he may get offers from one of the big schools down there. At his exit-brief (surprised he got one, being a Freshman) his coach said" if your grades were better (like Zach's) your the kind of player Rice U. would want. For now, we pray he stays healthy and take care of business in the classroom.